Monday, October 27, 2008

Inside the Web


What horrors are to be found in the web in late October?

With monsters getting ready to prowl the streets for their annual tour, one recent visitor outside my window provided an appropriate scene.

Beyond the commercial photography of products in my Kelowna home studio or on location throughout the Okanagan, it's interesting to snap a photo of the creatures we share the world with. Macro photography provides a fascinating new viewpoint - such as this spider in this photo whose body is about the size of a nickel.

Yet with an extension tube added in between my Nikkor 80-200 zoom lens and my semi-pro D200 body, a near-macro image shows interesting details indeed. Accentuated by the backlighting, the hairs on the spider's legs stand out against the dark background, like the web it inhabits.

Larger animal photos can be found within my stock images.


Happy Hallowe'en everyone.

No comments: